Thursday, April 21, 2016

Let Us Rejoice & Be Glad In It!

      This is the day that the Lord has made;    let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24


The day has only just begun....I may no longer keep track of the things I'm thankful for in my journal, but the mental list is piling up this morning as I note one thing after another.  I'm compelled to stop and make a list....to stop and be fully in this moment, thankful.  


"You go back to sleep.....please, can I play with her?"

Someones morning jobs are done....no doubt with encouragement from a big sister

The sound of marbles hitting glass first thing in the morning is music to my ears (our newest positive reinforcement method :) )

Gratitude flows from more than one child

I get an immediate "yes mama" when I ask one to do something other than their request

Two reminisce about their sleepover the night before and how much fun they had....two unlikely best friends years apart....and I marvel at God's plans....

Would you like me to wait for you, one asks another, rather than letting his immediate wants take over

There is incredible patience and grace being exhibited to one who tries to push everyone's buttons

More marbles.....and they are encouraged to continue....

Giggles come from the other room....how I love to hear them enjoy each other

"Can you help me," one asks, and another drops what they're doing to do so

They are altogether, helping one another, enjoying each other......

Patience extended to one quickly deescalates his need to continue pushing...

A little one does all she can to gain their attention....she adores each of them

I hear one teaching another...."edible, you know like things you can eat"....it's not the older teaching the younger and I smile at the way our family is so very different and how this is such a blessing.

One shows excitement for another's happiness

I think of the hard days....the days so deep in the trenches....and plead with myself to remember days like these at times like that

And I hear one reminding another to say "no thank you" as another tries to instigate......problem averted....

They are teaching each other, extending grace, loving one another.....

I have much to be thankful for!





Lamentations 3:22-23
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.





No comments:

Post a Comment