Saturday, January 9, 2016

Can We Tell People?

        There's been a lot of processing the past going on around here....so heartbreaking.  I really can't fathom how so many precious children live without families....and really that's just a fraction of the pain they deal with.  I could go on for days, but this is what keeps ringing in my ears.....Keira came up to me the other day and so genuinely asked the following...

     "It's not good for any kid to not have a family.....so can we tell people?...tell people at church so more kids can have families?"

       It reminded me of something we once watched or heard about people living in extreme poverty in another country.....I can't remember the exact words, but these people believed that if we as Americans...people who "built houses for their cars" knew about the conditions they were living in, we would surely do something to help.

       I didn't know what to say to her....I really had nothing.  If only it were that easy I wanted to say.  Well....people do know....but....nothing seemed good enough.  But God tells you to, right?  Everything is so black and white to her.  And really, isn't this?  We did talk about there being different ways to care for orphans, and that not everyone is called to adopt...but I haven't been able to stop thinking about her words.

     And though I feel overwhelmed with wanting to help every one of the millions of orphans...we will take it one day at a time.  And right now, we have the privilege of helping a sweet family bring home their daughter.  Things are moving along for the Hoptons as they adopt Karina, Keira's best friend, and we couldn't be more excited.  We welcome any ideas for fundraising you may have, as well as your prayers for this family, for the process, and for Karina as her whole world will soon change.  And if you feel led to give, there is a donation site here.  Thank you to all who have been so supportive already!

No comments:

Post a Comment