Thursday, July 16, 2015

One Year Ago....

(From yesterday)

             It's amazing what one year, lots of love, and some good nutrition mixed with an amazing child can do....how much one can change...grow....in twelve short months.  I look at these pictures and wonder how this can only be last year...how little she was...

First meeting......Camp in Ukraine - 7/15/14

           We had only just met a moment before, but she had already given her answer...."She wants to go with you" our facilitator told us.  What?!  She knew why we were there....she already had her mind made up before she met us....her heart set on what she wanted....family.  I just can't imagine....to be in her shoes.  But one thing we knew, just moments after meeting....our answer was the same....yes....yes, this is our daughter!  God is so good like that.....such peace that this was where we were meant to be....this was who he had chosen all along.
     

      I cannot imagine facing the amount of changes this little one has faced this past year (not to mention her entire life)....nor can I imagine doing so with such strength, trust, and love.  We have had challenging times for sure, but to think of the hard days we worked through only ten months ago once she was home, and to see where we are today is incredible.  This is one special girl, and I am humbled to be her mama....to be a part of what God has done and will continue to do in and through her.  



Crosswalk camp here 7/15/15

      We are at camp this week....a camp so different from the one she spent her summers at.  She is learning more and more about God and His love for her.  As we sat last night before worship, she asked question after question that blew my mind.  I thought of our first conversation exactly one year ago as we asked her favorite color, animal....what she liked to do.  And how far we had come as she asked how we can hear from God.....how we can show others God by our actions.....what makes a Christian different.....why when she sings the songs about God it makes her want to cry.....that someday she wants to go back to that camp in Ukraine and teach the kids about Jesus.  And again I am humbled that God would chose us....ordinary us who often think our ways are better, to be a part of something so amazing..... I am so blessed.  

     This month is special...not only because it is one year since we met our girl in Ukraine....but also because it is her birthday.  A day that should be celebrated....and one that often wasn't.  But this year, it will be celebrated...She will be celebrated.  We have a special day planned, and I know she is excited.....I cannot wait to watch her enjoy herself and revel in the love shown to her by her friends and family.  She so deserves it.  

     And so there's one more thing I'd like to do.....no matter how long it takes, or how much it requires....I'd like to help her dear friend find a family.  Her friend who was her family for almost eleven years of her life.....who I wish I could hug and thank and tell her how special she is....how thankful I am for her.  We pray every night that a family would adopt her....and I know this is one of the greatest desires of Keira's heart.  I want to begin fundraising towards her adoption and have some ideas in mind....but for now, let me introduce you to her.  This is Karina....she spent her whole life in an orphanage with our daughter.  They looked out for one another, comforted each other when they had bad dreams, stood up for each other....loved each other.  Keira tells us how Karina she loves to help (if you know Keira, you know how much this describes her as well, so I'm not surprised that her best friend would be the same).  I know there would be challenges, but I also know a family would be beyond blessed to bring this girl into this family.  Please if you have questions, contact me so that I can give you additional information, as well as information about an amazing facilitator.  


No comments:

Post a Comment