Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bags and Bibles

      I mentioned recently that we were going to be buying The Jesus Storybook Bible to give out to the other kids at the orphanage along with some other small items.  I've been blown away by how many of you jumped on board when I asked if you wanted to join in.  We've already received enough to purchase 27 bibles and donations to buy some of these supplies!!  I am so excited!  Of all the things on my to-do list, this is the one I've been most excited to do.  Finally today, I laid out all 48 bags...............


        Then came the fun part.  I've so enjoyed finding good deals, both of things that they really need (toothbrushes, toothpaste etc!) and things that may be fun for them.  I tried to get some variety as well, in hopes that they'll be able to do more.....different games so they can enjoy more than the same one over and over.  It's hard to know what age child will receive these, but the real goal is for them to know they've been thought of, cared about, acknowledged.....and that they'll have the greatest book anyone could ever have.  I wish there was a way for us to know the name of the child who receives the bible you've donated, but since that's pretty much impossible, I hope you'll join me in praying for the one who receives yours....God knows who they are.


          For now, I've bundled them up, ready to be added to suitcases and then filled with the bibles once there.  Because our girl is currently staying with a family member, I think we'll have to wait until Luke goes to pick her up to give these out.  Which means I'll likely have to miss out on this too, so I'll have to live it through pictures with all of you : )


         We aren't placing the bible order just yet, so if anyone else wants to join in, please let me know soon!  And thank you all so much again!  I'm also praying there's no obstacle in giving these out....but we do have a backup plan if we run into any issues....and they will still go to orphans there.  <3

         
          

No comments:

Post a Comment