Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Little Reminiscing....

        It's hard to believe it's been one year since we heard the words, "Congratulations you are parents!" (again!).  One year ago today Luke and I sat waiting in a courthouse for what seemed like hours.  We weren't in a room being questioned the entire time like many families, but rather sat in the waiting area for someone to show up.  We were finally called in, one at a time, to a small room where we each answered about three questions.  All I wanted to do when we left was to go get our son and head home!  While I knew it was going to be hard to wait the thirty days, I never could have imagined just how agonizing it would be.  It was also on this day one year ago that the news shared the possible ban on adoptions by Americans.  Initially we thought we would be unaffected, but soon found that there was a possibility that we would not be able to return to bring our son home.  I couldn't imagine what we would do if this became a reality.....and now one year later I really cannot imagine.  But I do know that many families are still grieving the loss of their adoptions....families and children who met one another...promised to return....and are left unable to be reunited.  Please continue to pray with me that mountains will be moved and these children will be able to come home!

             A little reminiscing.....and being thankful that one little boy made it home......
     

Look at that hair! Such a cutie!




Watching me walk away as we left to head back home.....that was one of the hardest moments.....


No comments:

Post a Comment