Friday, November 22, 2013

Show Hope...and a familiar face

           I'm scrolling through my news feed on facebook and a familiar face catches my eye.  I stop.  Click.  What?  How on earth did a post just personalize itself with MY son's picture???  Seriously this is my thought process.....my brain is on overload so it took me a while to figure it out.  See what I mean?  So then I start to realize....we had sent in photos and our story after receiving the Show Hope grant and bringing Levi home.  It's something they request and we were so happy to share the story that they played a major role in!  I clicked and saw another photo and just sat in amazement......not that my son's picture is on their website....but that this is part of our story.  It still amazes me to really stop and think about all that God did in one year to bring that little boy home....and that He chose us to be a part of it.  Mind blowing really.

        And the post was there to share....so that the work and mission of Show Hope would be carried on and reach even more people.  So I thought I'd share it here as well.  What a blessing this organization has been to so so many families and more importantly to so many orphans.  If you're looking for a place to give, please consider Show Hope.  There are SO many ways to partner with them....not just in giving grants to families adopting, but also in providing food, medical care etc. to orphans overseas!  I am so thankful for the work that they do....and for their willingness to share their story as well.  Much of their adoption story is told in Mary Beth Chapman's book "Choosing To See."  It was through this book that the very first seeds of adopting at this point in my life were planted.  I had read it just before God started placing the topic of adoption in every aspect of our lives and know it was no coincidence.  Visit their site   http://showhope.org/ for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment