Thursday, July 4, 2013

Psalm 82:3

      Psalm 82:3 Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
                    Copied from a facebook post: Dear Friends- As we celebrate freedom and independence, my Russian baby is locked away from the world, with NO FREEDOM of any kind. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME. Sarah McCarthy has done more for the Russian orphans in the last month than anyone in the US government has in the 7 months since the Russian adoption ban. If she reaches her kickstarter goal in the next 24 hours, she can hire a professional lobbyist, press strategist, and foreign relations expert plus show the film with subtitles to many different countries that our interested in our cause. We will be pushing for a special needs amendment to the ban. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. We need £18,000 in less than 24 hours (an anonymous donor has pledged the final £10,000). The Russian orphans with special needs need you now like never before. I am begging you to be the hands and feet of Jesus today on this Independence Day! Please help me. I cannot do it alone. Even a backing pledge of $5 will help and no money is taken out if they do not reach the goal. So please share and help.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkmatterlove/the-dark-matter-of-love-joins-the-fight-to-free-th-0/posts/508938

           After watching the above video, and reading the many posts from mother's pleading for help to bring their little ones home, I was brought back to just six months ago.....on my knees, helpless and pleading before God for our son to be able to come home.  I remember realizing that I couldn't remember the last time I found myself in a place such as that....but that I would never forget, I would continue to pray with that sense of urgency....  And here I am, only six months later, starting to forget....getting caught up in my own world and forgetting two things......the mothers and fathers still grieving for their children, still fighting, praying, hoping....and the children.....the children who finally had a glimmer of hope, who were told they had mamas and papas, were loved, wanted, and part of a family, who are now experiencing abandonment once again.  This could have been us.....Levi could have been one of these children stuck.....and in the beginning I tried to help, to write letters and to reach out to whoever I could, but I feel like I've lost the sense of urgency.  This video reminded me, and I hope it touches you.  With so many precious lives at stake, regardless of whether there is .01% chance that this may help, is there really any question?  If it were me, if it were my child, I would hope that other moms would spread the word, would advocate for my child.....


Update 7/5/13 - With less than an hour left, the goal was met.....and exceeded!! Praise God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment