Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Timing

        The timing of all of this keeps playing in my mind.  We really should have gone for our first visit in September, to court in November and brought Levi home this month.  Through a series of events we ended up a month off.  This law was signed just a day before the Russian holiday, leaving us to wait in limbo for days.  Timing.....I've mentioned so many times through this journey and this blog that it would all happen in God's timing.

         While these days feel extremely long, and at times seem unbearable with no possibility for updates anytime soon, I know this is for a purpose.  So many of the families in our same position are also believers and I feel that God is allowing this for a reason we cannot yet see.  A verse kept coming to mind tonight so I looked it up and was reminded the story of Joseph.  When he is reunited with his brothers, they are fearful that he will repay them for the evil they did to him.  Instead he says, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." (Genesis 50:20)  

        This is my prayer tonight.....that what Satan has intended for evil and destruction, God will use to accomplish just the opposite.  In His Timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment