Saturday, December 29, 2012

Refocusing

         I have so many mixed emotions right now, but one thing is for sure....there are way too many contradicting, unreliable sources floating around about this situation and I am going to attempt to stop reading them.  There is a verse in Philippians that reminds us not to be anxious about anything (Philippians 4:6-8).  This verse has been on my mind and given to me as a reminder, but I think that I have often overlooked the significance of the final verse.  Verse eight reminds us to focus our thoughts on whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.  God doesn't just say not to be anxious, he tells us what to focus our minds on!  Reading the hundreds of articles of speculation and finding hope in some and discouragement in others does not seem to fit into the list above.  The only thing I can think of that would qualify is the word of God.  I have made myself a nice little word document of scriptures to read and keep my mind focused instead.

        Today there seemed to be some hope that we were one of six families who would be allowed to complete our adoptions as we have already had our court dates.  Now it seems that is not the case, and that these six families are those whose 30 day wait period will finish prior to January 1st.  I have never been a fan of roller coasters and I am going to remove myself from any unecessary rides here.  When I hear some official news, I will share it....but in the meantime I will keep my focus on the one who is ultimately in complete control. And I will continue to pray without ceasing.

        These past few days have taught me a valuable lesson.  I should be living my entire life with this type of complete dependence on God.  This state of helplessness and literal waiting at His feet is where I should always be.  I also find myself wondering if on a larger scale, we as many nations of this world are where God wants us.....coming together in prayer for His children.  I have read hundreds of comments from passionate Russian citizens who are just as heartbroken at the ramifications of this law and the people behind it.  They offer such sweet encouragement and support, and are joining in prayer with us.  I have read comments from people all over the world who are praying that God would intervene.  These precious, innocent children are being brought to the attention of millions and are being held up in prayer by people around the world. 

        I am so grateful for all of the prayers for our family, our precious son, and all of the other children and families involved.  At this point we will likely not hear any news until after January 8th as everything in Russia shuts down for their holiday starting today.  In the meantime, we will continue to prepare for our trip and for the homecoming of our son in expectation of what God will do. 

1 comment: