Friday, November 16, 2012

Russian Nesting Doll Ornaments



                 A while back I mentioned these ornaments, but now that the holidays are approaching we are starting to sell them!  Each summer we attend a camp with our youth group.  Some of the students at the camp choose to take part in an Arts and Crafts track time for 3 days out of the week.  This year, as one of the crafts, the students made these Russian Nesting Doll ornaments as a way to help our family raise money for the adoption.  It was such a blessing that these teenagers would take time out of their day to make these.  They are all different, but each has a picture of a traditional russian nesting doll attached so you are able to see where the design comes from, with a small message on the back.  We are suggesting a $2.00 donation per ornament.  We have tried to avoid fundraising that asks anyone to buy something or give money and were very blessed with all of the donations people gave towards our yard sales etc.  Many have also, willingly and generously (that seems like an understatment!), given monetary donations, and we are forever grateful to all of you!  This will likely be our last attempt at raising money as we feel we are almost at the point where we will have enough.  I will try to keep a bag of the ornaments on me, but feel free to request that I mail them to you, or put some aside if I may not see you in the near future.  Some friends and family who are not local have asked to use paypal and that's great too.....the link on our page to "donate" is available for those who prefer it.  Please don't feel ANY obligation whatsoever to buy one!  You have all supported us tremendously throughout this journey in so many different ways and we so appreciate it!
               

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I just adopted a little girl from the Krasnodar region. It was without a doubt the most incredible experience of our lives. We learned to trust God like never before, and we learned how to be a better encouragement to each other. (Along with a million other lessons!) And now we are first time parents, catching little tangible glimpses of how God loves us. We will be praying for your family as you bring your son home. I was wondering if you still have any of these ornaments left. I would love to purchase some and include them in Christmas gifts. They are so cute! My email is kristinagladden@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina! I hope you received my e-mail and didn't think I was ignoring you! If not, I wanted to just let you know that I did send one, and to thank you for your encouraging comment! That's so exciting that you just brought your little girl home...and so neat that it was also from Krasnodar...I'd love to know where! Thank you so much for your prayers, they are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete