Saturday, September 22, 2012

Consignment Sale #1 Results

                 The Women's Consignment sale is officially over and I cannot thank everyone enough!  When I walked in today to pick up all of the items that didn't sell, the first thing they said to me was that they couldn't get over how many mini-flyers had been handed in on our behalf.  They said they thought there was maybe one handed in that wasn't for us in the entire box!  So thank you thank you thank you SO much for handing these in!  Our total was $247, but now that we have won 100% it brings our total to $429!!!

                 I sold 61 out of 162 items so I still have quite a few items which I will save for the next sale in the Spring.  This was the first Women's Consignment sale and they said that this is common when they first start, but that they quickly pick up and take off (as the kid's sale has!).  So I have 101 items all set and ready to go for the Spring and those profits will still go towards adoption, just most likely for another family! : )

                The kids sale starts this Thursday for the public.....There are about 350 consignors and (I heard) about 50,000 items entered into the system!  Thursday night there are re-stocking consignors who will drop off new items, and Saturday many items will be 50% off!  And once again we have the opportunity to win 100% of our sales.....if you plan to go and happen to buy something, please hand in one of our flyers.  Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. As I read this post, as many posts in the past, it brought tears to my eyes. To see God at work and watch His people serve Him with their whole hearts is a blessing I cannot describe in words. It started with two people who said "YES" to God, despite the many obstacles they knew they would face. It wasn't long before many others also said "YES" and came alongside those two people, giving their prayers, their time, their talents, their resources, their belongings, their ALL. Jesus DID say, "Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me." Yet, we tend to quote scriptures such as "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." I thank Him so much for that. After all, salvation is a free gift He gave to us. But what about....."Deny yourself and take up your cross?" It is easier for me to avoid this scripture because I know how selfish I have been in my own life and rather not think about taking up my cross. Then I remember the scripture that says this life is not my own, I have been bought with a price. This life here on earth is so short. We say it all the time, how time passes so quickly. When you compare eternity to approximately 80 human years, this life is so brief. We were made to serve the Lord. That’s the bottom line. We are His people, called by His Name, ordained to do His work. The best part is, when we are obedient and join Him in His plan, we experience joy that we would never have known otherwise. It’s a joy so deep, that it cannot be explained……..only experienced. I guess that is what I’m getting to. I cannot tell you how blessed I am to be able to watch God do His work and see things I never would have seen if you and Luke had said “no” to Jesus, that this was too much for Him to ask, that it was too difficult, etc. I know many others feel this way too. I pray that I will trust Him enough when He calls me to do the difficult things and that He will be honored in my life. All praise and glory to Him forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! It's so easy to focus on the things that make us feel good and leave out the things that challenge us. But God knows what's best for us and when we are fulfilling our purpose life is SO much more meaningful, even when it is challenging! And we cannot even begin to express our gratitude to all of the others who have said yes along the way and allowed God to use them in making this a reality!

    ReplyDelete