Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Mailbox

I lift my eyes up to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
        


               The mailbox has become my new best friend.  Prior to the adoption, the most exciting thing I might find in our mailbox was a good coupon.  Needless to say, checking the mail was not a top priority.  In the past several months this has become one of my favorite things to do.  From encouraging notes, generous donations and thoughtful cards, to USCIS approval, Grant decision letters, and passports, we never know what we might find or how it may change our lives these days.

                Yesterday I checked the mailbox only to find it empty.  Our mail comes fairly early so I assumed we had just not received anything.  Later in the evening I decided to check once more.  Yesterday was one of those days when the mailbox held another life change.  I opened one envelope to find an extremely generous donation towards the adoption and was once again overwhelmed by the willing generosity of so many.  Then I opened a second.  Inside was the most beautiful card and note, with the following scripture....

 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
You are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you;
You are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:11-13

      Taped inside the card was a check for $10,000. 

                   The shock and feeling that this is surreal has still not worn off.  Don't misunderstand...I knew that God was going to provide....He had to!  We certainly couldn't make this happen.  Yet I am blown away over and over again as He brings others alongside of us and provides in such astounding ways.  Together we are adopting a child....together we are answering His call....I am so humbled to be a part of this.  I knelt beside my bed after opening this gift and cried....tears of pure joy and praise to He who makes the impossible possible.  We cannot begin to express our gratitude to these amazing people in our life.  I cannot express how much this changes our lives and the life of a child; how it encourages us to continue to step out in faith; how we look up to their example of viewing themselves as mere stewards of His resources....how much we love them and are so thankful God has blessed us with them in our lives.  Thoughts of how we could possibly accept such a gift kept coming to my mind, but I kept being reminded of this....Who am I to question how He is choosing to provide and make a way?  Who am I to say that I cannot accept this? 

                      Nearly seven months ago we signed the contracts to begin this adoption.  We had $4,000 to our name and very few ideas of how to go about raising $50,000.   Here we are only seven months later at almost $40,000.  This is God.  Don't miss that!


                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment