Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Now Go!

10 Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
11 The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”                          
                                                                  Exodus 4:10-12


                I was reminded early in this journey that whom the Lord calls, He equips.....quite opposite to what I think many of us assume....that the Lord calls those who are equipped.  We, like Moses, certainly needed some major "equipping," but that's the whole point!  God asked us to be obedient in answering this call, but He is faithful to provide and make a way when it's beyond our capability.  I remember when we made the decision to finally start moving forward, it was as if God was saying what he had to Moses....Now go, I will help you!  Tonight I received an e-mail letting us know that we have received a grant to cover the costs of having our child's medical information reviewed by a doctor who specializes in international adoption.  There just so happens to be a highly recommended doctor nearby who is actually from Russia, studied there and speaks Russian, who we will be working with.  The grant agency has told us that they will send a check to him directly to cover the costs of this.  I am not so much surprised as I am excited and thankful.  We know that God is going to make a way, and we know that we are doing all that we can, but it never ceases to amaze me when it happens.  I almost didn't send in this application for various reasons, and often consider how many people are likely applying for grants and then start to doubt whether or not we will be considered.  But here we are....approved.  
               "My grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is made perfect in WEAKNESS.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment