Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lion on the Loose!

    Although we were forewarned that with the adoption process we would likely encounter obstacles and setbacks, things were going so well in the beginning that I became disillusioned into thinking we may possibly avoid such issues!  Now as we encounter one frustration after another I know that Satan is doing all that he can to keep this adoption from happening.  1 Peter 5:8 (Be careful! Watch out for attatcks from the Devil, your great enemy.  He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour) keeps replaying in my mind and I am determined to stand firm against him!
    Today when things looked like they were about to turn around they just got worse.  I keep trying to hold on to some sense of control and I think the reigns have officially fallen away from my grasp.  Thank God that He is in control and He will be faithful to bring this child home in His time!  Thank you to all who are praying for us, we certainly need it!

  On a positive note, we have been blessed with an abundance of items for our upcoming yard sale (April 14th)! It is truly amaznig how generous everyone has been.  Now we just need to keep praying for good weather and lots of yard sale shoppers!

2 comments:

  1. I just read this and thought, "what a difference a day makes." :0)
    In my own experiences, I have learned that when I give up the control I think that I have, God is able to show His control and lets me know that is all I need.
    "Never doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light."
    I love you so much,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, so true! I don't think I realized how much I was holding on. Sometimes it's hard to find the line between being proactive and doing all that we can and not taking over the control we should be allowing God to have. I think my anxiety over the situation should have clued me into what side I was on, but God certainly made it clear.
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete