Monday, March 12, 2012

Krasnodar Krai - Russia

    In this journey of adoption every little detail we learn seems monumental to me.  Today we learned that we will likely be adopting from an orphanage/baby house in the region of Krasnodar Krai, Russia. (I had previously written about traveling to the city of Sochi within Krasnodar, but the city we are going to is actually unknown to us at this point, we simply know it's in Krasnodar.)

    In my research I found that sometime in 2011, Krasnodar Region was the first to install what are called "baby boxes," where parents can leave their unwanted children - 3 of which were installed in Sochi in particular.  It went on to say that more than 100 babies are abandoned in Sochi each year.  About 70% are adopted while the others are taken to orphanages.  I can't help but wonder if our child was left in such a box......it breaks my heart to imagine these precious babies in such a helpless state. 



  Please pray with us for our child, that they are safe and well cared for until we can get to him/her.  That they are receiving some extra love and that as young as they are, they don't give up hope!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment