Friday, March 2, 2012

Blessings!

    These past few days have been an amazing confirmation and encouragement of all that we are doing.  It blows me away how God continues to affirm us at the most needed moments.  I know we are in this 100% and I am completely certain this is where God wants us, but I would be lying to say that I never have my moments of doubt or anxiety.  God, however, doesn't just ask us to do something and then bow out as soon we agree.....He is there every step of the way, cheering us on and providing opportunities for us to see His work in everything.
    We have been selling items on Craigslist since the beginning and for a while it seemed as if we weren't very successful.  I figured it couldn't hurt to keep posting items since it was free and they were just sitting around anyway.  Within the past couple of weeks we have had such a huge response and have made a reasonable profit.  We also found a perfect, extremely affordable double stroller on craigslist and were able to purchase that with just a portion of the money we had made!  It's the little things like this that are encouraging.
    To top it off, one of the people that came to buy a few items was a woman about our age, who shared with me that she was considering adoption as well.  She too was adopted, from Panama at age four, and wanted to help.  She gave me a catalog for Stella & Dot, a jewelry company, similar to a Pampered Chef or Tupperware type deal.  I received an e-mail from her today explaining that she would "love to help out a christian sister" by donating the 25% profit she would receive towards our adoption.  She said she hopes that someday people will be willing to help her family to adopt and this is her opportunity to contribute.  It just amazes me that someone coming to buy items I listed online would not only be adopted internationally, but would want to help us!  God is so good and I am so grateful to be considered worthy to be a part of this journey.  It is definitely a lot of work and can be stressful, but it is beyond worth it in every way!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment