Thursday, February 23, 2012

How To Help

     When I first started researching Adoption, I remember thinking how strange it sounded to seek the help of your church and community and to fundraise to bring a child into your family.  I couldn't quite explain why, but I just felt like that was something we couldn't do.  The more I read and the more I understsood, I felt such a sense of urgency....that these children needed homes, no matter what the cost.  I recall reading about how an adoption is often similar in cost to a brand new car, which many people don't hesitate to spend the money on.  My perspective has changed in so many ways and I realized that although it may be humbling to do fundraisers and accept help, when held up next to a child's life it truly didn't matter.  I also began to see that this is a way in which others can answer the call to care for the orphans.  The bible is clear that we are to look after the orphans and widows (James 1:27, Isaiah 1:17), but that doesn't mean that everyone is being called to bring a child into their home; for some it may just be to help someone else make that a reality.

   
                *                         *                           *                       *                              *


       We will never be able to thank you all enough for the ways in which you have supported, encouraged and helped our family grow.  We cannot imagine things any other way and are so grateful for the plan God had.  Thank you for your help in donating items, monetary donations, prayers, encouraging us, helping at yard sales, turning in consignment flyers.....etc. etc. etc.  There are so many ways that so many of you were a huge part of this journey and we are forever grateful.

       Any money we raise from now on, through consigning, selling soaps, necklaces etc. will go towards other families adopting.  It has been my desire since we adopted Levi to continue to help support others who are on this journey.  I am in the beginning stages of another adventure which I hope will become a great way to benefit everyone...stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment